When I last posted, I highlighted how MeasureOne supports forward-looking businesses and organizations (via software developers) through our application programming interface (API) for consumer-permissioned academic data.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been two years since that post! The good news is we have been hard at work building products that transform the way consumers share information with businesses and organizations. I’m excited to briefly bring you up to speed on what we’ve been up to.
I’m sure you’ve noticed that consumer data sharing and privacy concerns are in the news almost continuously. Unfortunately, most of the news is negative: companies and organizations accessing and sharing consumer data without consumer knowledge, privacy violations, lack of transparency, and many other events that represent fundamental consumer trust violations.
Recognizing the inherent flaws in the consumer data sharing market, we set out to do nothing short of transforming it. We generalized the work we did in consumer-permissioned sharing of academic data to new data domains, releasing the industry’s first platform enabling consumers to exchange data with a requesting business in a fully permissioned manner.
How We Are Ensuring Safer Data Sharing
MeasureOne’s consumer-permissioned data platform is built on the following principles:
- Easy-to-Use: A frictionless consumer experience that enables sharing of data present in consumer accounts with businesses.
- Consent: Consumer consent as an integral part of the experience.
- Transparency: Consumer control and transparency over the data being shared with the requesting business.
- Trustworthy: Guaranteed data provenance for the requesting business.
The consumer-permissioned data sharing model benefits both consumers and businesses. Consumers know what data is being shared and provide explicit consent to MeasureOne to share that data with the requesting business. While businesses have access to a much wider scope of data – limited only by the willingness of the consumer to share – they can trust the data that is shared with them through MeasureOne since it has been acquired directly from primary data sources.
We currently support over 6,000 data sources that provide unmatched coverage in the following data domains:
In the short-time since its release, we are thrilled by the momentum and beneficial impact our product is generating. As of the writing of this blog, over 60 organizations have already signed up with MeasureOne. Through these organizations and on a daily basis, our platform is enabling thousands of consumers to share their data in a consumer-permissioned way, delivering a wide range of benefits to these consumers including job applications, student discounts, and credit and loan applications. Here is an example of what organizations are saying:
- "MeasureOne has changed the game for consumer data access and verification. MeasureOne's consumer-permissioned data platform provides our clients' applicants a user-friendly experience; expediting the verification, and delivering accurate results." - Marc Linchuck, COO, Global Investigative Services
- "Consumer-permissioned data is the future of data sharing and the key to developing stronger, trusted relationships with businesses and their customers. MeasureOne's platform-based approach will allow us to provide our consumer customers with the means to share their data with us directly in a secure and privacy-aware manner, enabling us to better serve them with our products and services." - Carlos Lacambra, President, Plexus Global
We believe that consumer-permissioned data is the future of consumer data sharing. Better data, better transparency, better trust. In future posts, I’ll share more details about how consumer-permissioned data is being used to benefit both consumers and the business and organizations that serve them.
Enjoy this month with family and friends - Happy Thanksgiving!