Effective Date: June 1, 2021
Who is MeasureOne?
Our mission at MeasureOne is to enable businesses and consumers to leverage the power of consumer-permissioned data in products and services that we develop and offer. When we mention “consumer-permissioned data,” we mean data and information about you that you have given us permission to access, use and share for your benefit. You are in control of your own data with MeasureOne. Our technology allows you to connect your online accounts to our application to enable you to verify: that you are a student currently enrolled in a college/university; your salary for a loan that you may be seeking; that you have received your college or university degrees for an employer background check; and many other circumstances where you need to have your personal information verified to obtain a third party product, benefit, discount or other service that depends on confirmation of your personal status. We deliver only the personal data that you expressly consent to provide to the requesting business. We transfer your permissioned personal data to the requesting business through a secure communications channel or software application. Software applications are built and provided by our business customers (we refer to them as “developers” in our Policy), and powered by MeasureOne. By delivering access to high-quality, usable data that we’ve translated and standardized, we enable developers to focus on building experiences that may more directly benefit you.
About this Policy
Our goal with this Policy is to provide a simple and straightforward explanation of the data and information MeasureOne collects from and about you (that we refer to as “Consumer-Permissioned Data”), and how we use and share that Consumer-Permissioned Data. We value transparency and want to provide you with a clear and concise description of how we treat your Consumer-Permissioned Data.
This Policy only covers the Consumer-Permissioned Data that MeasureOne collects, uses and shares. It does not cover or regulate what developers may do with any Consumer-Permissioned Data that you authorize us to provide to them (or any other personal information about you that they may separately collect and aggregate with the Consumer-Permissioned Data delivered by us). Our Policy does not cover any websites, products or services that you may receive from other companies or service providers. You should carefully review the privacy policies, notices and other information of developers and other third parties that may obtain access to your personal information and data.
Our Data Practices
Information you provide. When we talk about Consumer-Permissioned Data, it means that you have given us permission to access, use and share your personal, “permissioned” data, accounts or other information. So, when you connect your permissioned online accounts with a developer application, connect your permissioned accounts through MeasureOne, or otherwise grant permission to access, use and share your data through a data source that involves MeasureOne in some manner, we will, to enable and provide our services, collect identifiers and login information required by the provider or developer of your permissioned account, such as your username and password, or we might obtain a security token. In some cases to enable and provide our services, we may also collect your phone number, email address, social security number, date of birth, security questions and answers, and one-time password (OTP) to help verify your identity before connecting your permissioned accounts. When providing Consumer-Permissioned Data, you give developers and MeasureOne the authority to act on your behalf to access and transmit your Consumer-Permissioned Data from institutions or other sources that store, maintain, provide, share or deliver your Consumer-Permissioned Data (we refer to these institutions and other sources of Consumer-Permissioned Data as “service providers” in our Policy). We may also receive and use identifiers and other personal data and information about you, including your name, email address, and phone number, when you contact us or enter that type of personal data and information on our website, mobile application or other interactive platforms that we manage. Any of that personal data and information received by us through our , mobile application or other interactive platforms that we manage is also included within the Consumer-Permissioned Data that we may access, use and share for your benefit.
Information we may collect from your permissioned data and information sources. The personal data and information we receive from service providers that store, maintain, provide, share or deliver any of your Consumer-Permissioned Data may vary and change over time depending on various factors, including the specific MeasureOne services any requesting businesses use and the personal data and information made available by those providers. To give you a sense of the personal data and information that may be necessary to allow us to deliver MeasureOne products and services, and to enable you to obtain the products and services that you are seeking from developers, these are some examples of the data, information and documents that we may, with your permission, collect:
- Academic information, including transcripts, degree information, graduation dates and enrollment information;
- Professional information, including information about your employer, in limited cases where you’ve connected your payroll accounts or provided us with your pay stub information; and
- Other information and documents you expressly permission us to access.
Information we may receive about you from developers and other sources. We may also receive identifiers and other information about you directly from developers or other sources, including our service providers and identity verification services. For example, developers may provide information such as your full name, email address, phone number or information about your online accounts.
Inferences we may derive from the data we collect. We may use the data and information we access and collect about you to derive inferences and to make assumptions that are relevant to the delivery of our products and services. For example, we may infer your academic enrollment status or annual income based on data and information we have collected about you from you or other sources.
How We Use Your Consumer-Permissioned Data
We use Consumer-Permissioned Data to develop and provide our products and services. We may use your Consumer-Permissioned Data to:
- operate, deliver and maintain our products and services;
- improve, enhance, modify, add to and further develop our products and services;
- protect you, developers, our partners, MeasureOne and others from fraud, malicious activity and other privacy and security-related concerns;
- develop new products and services;
- provide customer support to you or developers, including to help respond to inquiries related to our products and services or developers’ applications;
- comply with contractual and legal obligations under applicable laws; and
- undertake other matters or activities with your consent.
How We Share Your Consumer-Permissioned Data
We use and share your Consumer-Permissioned Data as follows:
- for any purposes with respect to which we have received your express consent;
- with developers of software applications as permissioned by you;
- to enforce any contract with you;
- with our data processors and other service providers, partners, or contractors in connection with the services they perform for us or developers;
- with your specified institutions (and service providers) to help establish or maintain a connection, or access, that you’ve permissioned us to make;
- if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary, advisable or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes (such as court orders or subpoenas);
- in connection with a change in ownership or control of all or a part of our business (such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy) when a third party assumes new ownership or control of our company;
- between and among MeasureOne and our affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control or ownership with MeasureOne as necessary to conduct our business and provide our products and services; and
- as we believe reasonably necessary, advisable or appropriate to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of you, our developers, our partners, MeasureOne and others with whom we may have a business, fiduciary or other relationship.
We may collect, use and share Consumer-Permissioned Data in an aggregated, de-identified or anonymized manner (that does not identify you personally) for any purpose permitted under applicable law. This includes creating or using aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data and information based on collected data and information to enhance or extend our products and services, develop new products and services and to facilitate research, benchmarking and market analysis.
We do not sell or rent personal Consumer-Permissioned Data that we collect.
Our Retention Practices
We retain Consumer-Permissioned Data for no longer than necessary, advisable or appropriate to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, used and shared as described in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted under applicable law. As permitted under applicable law, even after you stop using an application or terminate your account with one or more developers, we may still retain your information (for example, if you still have an account with another developer). However, your information will only be processed as required by law or in accordance with this Policy.
Please refer to the “Your Data Protection Rights” section for options that may be available to you, including the right to request deletion of Consumer Information. You can also contact us about our data retention practices using the contact information below.
Some Final Details…
Your Data Protection Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and subject to certain limitations and exceptions, if you are a California resident, you may have the following rights with respect to Consumer-Permissioned Data that we have collected about you that constitutes “personal information” under the CCPA:
- to request access to more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal data and information we may have collected about you in the last 12 months (including personal data and information disclosed for business purposes);
- to request deletion of your personal data and information;
- to opt-out of any “sales” of your personal data and information, if a business is selling your data or information; and
- to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To exercise your access or deletion rights, where applicable, you can submit a request by contacting us as described in the “Contacting MeasureOne” section below to exercise any of your data protection rights, where applicable. You may be required to provide additional information necessary to confirm your identity before we can respond to your request.
We will consider all data protection requests and provide our response within a reasonable period of time (and within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from those data protection requests. For example, we may not be able to delete your Consumer-Permissioned Data if we need to keep that Consumer-Permissioned Data to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Changes To This Policy
We may update or change this Policy from time to time without advance notice. If we make any updates or changes, we will post the new policy on MeasureOne’s website at https://www.measureone.com/privacy-policy/consumers and update the effective date at the top of this Policy. Our updates and changes will take effect immediately unless we specify otherwise, and we will have no liability for any effects or consequences caused by those updates or changes to any consumers. We will also notify developers of any material changes in accordance with our developer agreements, as they are generally best positioned to notify their Consumers about changes to this Policy, as appropriate.
By using our products or services or providing Consumer-Permissioned Data to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our products and services. If we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our website, by regular mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
MeasureOne products and services are not directed to children under 15.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, or about our privacy practices generally, you can contact us at email@example.com.